We are a Chapter of U.S. Lacrosse. We work with Nassau, Suffolk and Metro New York to make lacrosse a better game. Some of our accomplishments are listed below:
1. Started a youth lacrosse clinic on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation in Southampton.
2. Organized first Long Island Youth Jamboree in 1987
3. 1986 – present, L.I.M.L.F. Hall of Fame dinner each year.
4. The LIMLF sponsors the Long Island Lacrosse Shoot-Out in Greenport. Monies raised from our tournament goes towards the
Bridge Program ( Building Relationships to Diversity, Growth, and Enrichment ) Program for Nassau, Suffolk, and Metro New York.
Scholarships are also awarded to two Greenport H.S. Graduates.
5. The B.R.I.D.G.E. program is Roosevelt, Bronx St Raymond’s, Challenger Program at Half Hollow East PAL, Hempstead Youth program, and the Brooklyn
Youth Programs. This program provides financial resources and equipment to programs in need.
6. Supported and raised money to develop a new program on the East End, Mattituck, Greenport and Southold.
7. LIMLF Scholarship program, started in 2009. Two scholarships have been presented in Suffolk, Nassau and Metro New York areas.
One each to a Male and Female in these sections at the High school level. To qualify, you must be an All-County selection with
exceptional academics. Community service is also a factor to win the scholarship. The LIMLF committee will work with the County
coordinators from each of the three sections to select the winners.
8. L.I.M.L.F. Sponsored the1992 Under-19 men’s world games held at Hofstra
9. Founder of the U.S. Lacrosse L.I. Metro Select teams.
10. L.I.M.L.F. UNSUNG Hero Award which is given to every High School in Nassau, Suffolk and Metro New York. One each for a (Hero
& Heroine). Co-Chair Alan Lowe, Angela Ritchie
11. The LIMLF Sponsors the Top 50 Empire State Team.
12. L.I.M.L.F. Golf tournament which raises money for the Calvary Hospital, B.R.I.D.G.E. program and Team U.S.A. The tournament
has raised over $140,000.00 for Calvary Hospital.
13. The “Founders Cup for the Outstanding Boys and Girls High School teams in Nassau, Suffolk and Metro New York.
14. Loner equipment program: The L.I.M.L.F. and P.A.L. has helped, West Islip, Pat-Med, Commack, Deer Park, Riverhead, Wyandanch,
Syosset, Mineola and many other youth programs in Nassau, Suffolk and Metro New York with equipment to start their programs.
15. L.I.M.L.F. will be a Co-Sponsor with “Warrior at the Nassau” P.A.L. Lacrosse Day in June which has teams from Nassau and Suffolk
16. L.I.IM.L.F. sponsored the 9-11 Memorial in memory of all the LIMLF Members who were involved in lacrosse that lost their lives
on Sept. 11, 2001. Also we dedicated this year “Reg’s Rock” which honors 5 of our Military Lacrosse players from the Long Island
Metro area who lost their lives protecting our Country in Iraq and Afghanistan.
17. L.I.M.L.F. developed the first L. I. Lacrosse Newsletter (L.I. Lax)
18. Hall of Fame Game at Hofstra and Stony Brook. All H.O.F. Inductees invited
19. Local Coaches Clinic’s for High School Coaches each year.
20. Holds a Level 1 CEP Clinics